Summer Squash and Kale Sauté
Recipe and image courtesy of ingredientsinc.net.
Yield: two servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups kale
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add squash, onion and garlic and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add kale and remaining olive oil, stirring constantly, 2 minutes more or until kale is wilted.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper, stirring well 2 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!