Yield: four servings
- 4 bunches radishes with greens attached (~2 lb)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter (or oil of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Cut greens from radishes and coarsely chop. Trim radishes and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wedges.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté radish wedges with salt, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm, loosely covered.
- Sauté garlic in remaining tablespoon butter in skillet over moderately high heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add greens and sauté, stirring, until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Return radish wedges to skillet and stir in chives.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!