Sautéed Asparagus With Herbs and Pecans
Yield: four servings
- 1 bundle Asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp. Lemon or Lime Juice
- 1-2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. red chile powder
- 1/4 c. Unsalted Pecans, chopped and lightly toasted.
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Add oil to non-stick skillet on medium low heat
- Add asparagus, increase to medium-high heat and saute. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, red chile, and citrus
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping spears for even cooking. Spears should stay bright green for best eating. Just at the end, toss in toasted pecans
- Serve immediately
Experiment with fresh herbs and whatever nuts you have on hand! Epazote, lemon and Pinon? Red chili powder and lime?
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!