Stephanie’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 12 cups Water
- 8 Garlic cloves
- 2 Onions
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Celery ribs
- 3 tbsp Thyme, chopped
- 4-6 Mushroom stems
- 8 cups Mushrooms, chopped
- 6 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 cup (heaping) Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 White Wine
- To make the broth, bring to simmer for half an hour: 12 cups water, 4 garlic cloves, 1 onion, carrots, celery, parsley, thyme, and 4-6 mushroom stems.
- In a separate pot, saute the chopped mushrooms in oil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add in 1 diced onion and 4 cloves of garlic. Saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the brown rice flour, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Deglaze and reduce by half with a shy 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Add in 10 cups of the broth and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Thin with broth if needed and garnish with parsley when serving.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!