Savory Roasted Squash
Recipe courtesy of Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
Thank you to Ideas for Cooking and Nutrition through NMSU/Santa Fe County Extension Office!
Yield: six servings
- 1 butternut squash, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 4-8 garlic cloves
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbls oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Toss squash, whole garlic cloves, onion, sage, salt, and oil together in a large mixing bowl
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet with a lip around the edge
- Bake fo4 15-20 minutes. Stir and return to oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until squash is soft and can be pierced easily with a fork.
- Toss with Parmesan cheese and serve
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!