Super Easy Spaghetti Squash
Recipe courtesy of Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
Thank you to Ideas for Cooking and Nutrition through NMSU/Santa Fe County Extension Office!
Yield: four servings
- 2 cups microwaved spaghetti squash (1 small squash or 1/2 large)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Stab spaghetti squash several times with a paring knife so the steam can escape while it is being microwaved.
- Microwave on high power for 5 minutes. Turn squash and microwave for 3 more minutes. Repeat until squash is soft and skin is wrinkled.
- Cut in half. Scoop out seeds, then use spoon to scrape stringy squash fibers into a bowl. Stir veggies, salt and pepper into squash. Microwave for 5 more minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Make this dish your own by mixing your favorite veggies into the squash!
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!