Romero Farms Red Chile Con Carne
- 2 oz. seeded and stemmed Romero Farms red chile pods
- 1 lb. ground meat (elk, venison, beef)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 4 cups water
- Place chiles in large pot and cover with water. Boil for 20 minutes with lid on.
- Turn off and allow to soak for 10 minutes more.
- Remove chiles from water and place in blender with two cups of cooking liquid.
- Puree until smooth.
- Brown ground meat in thick bottom 6 quart Dutch oven. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add pureed chiles and four cups of water. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve with fresh beans and tortillas. Enjoy!
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!