GF Squash Cake With Jujubes and Pecans
- 2 ½ cups pureed squash
- 1 cup chopped jujube
- ¼ cup pecans (try the ones from CLC Pecans!)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c. olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups rice flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Combine all of the wet ingredients.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!