Roasted Vegetable Soup
Recipe courtesy of Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
Thank you to Ideas for Cooking and Nutrition through NMSU/Santa Fe County Extension Office!
Yield: eight servings
- 1 Tbl oil
- 2 Tbl flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 8 cups leftover roasted vegetables
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Heat a large pot on the stove. Add oil, then stir flour into oil with a wooden spoon to make a roux.
- Stir constantly until the roux is the color of sand. Stir in chicken stock. Stir out any lumps, then bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables and dill. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in plain yogurt. Whole milk yogurt will have the most flavor, but low fat yogurt works well, too.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!