Pinto Beans with Radishes, Miso, and Greens
Today’s Market Fresh Cooking recipe is complements of the Farmers’ Market weekly CSA recipe.
Yield: 2-4 servings
Time: 10 minutes, not including time to cook beans
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans (basic bean recipe here)
- 3 cups baby greens such as kale, chard spinach, turnip, or radish greens.
- 3 to 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
- Fresh lemon wedges, for squeezing
- Black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the miso with 1/4 cup water until dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat until it foams. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the beans and toss to coat with the garlic butter. Add the miso mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have melded and the beans are warmed through, about 2 minutes. The beans should be a bit saucy, so thin it out with a tablespoon or so of water if needed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the greens and radishes. Gently toss until the greens are just wilted. Squeeze with lemon juice, season with pepper and gently toss again.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!