Mixed Greens with Pecans, Goat Cheese, and Dried Cranberries
When it’s hot outside, who wants to use on oven to prepare meals? But keeping it simple doesn’t mean you have to give up flavor.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 5-ounce mixed baby greens
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apricots
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 5.5-ounce log soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Whisk vinegar, mustard, and thyme in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing with salt and pepper
- Mix greens, apricots, and onion in large bowl. Mix in enough dressing to coat. Sprinkle with nuts and cheese.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!