Chilled English Pea Soup
Recipe by Chef Rocky Durham of Blue Heron Restaurant at Sunrise Springs Spa Resort for Farms, Films, Food on May 17,2017.
- 4 c English peas, blanched and shocked
- 1/2 c fresh mint, blanched and shocked
- 1c coconut milk
- Iced water as needed
- Agave nectar to taste
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Place peas, mint and coconut milk in blender. With motor running, pour in iced water until desired thickness is achieved.
- Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream and whole peas.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!