Beet and Carrot Salad with Basil and Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
This Beet and Carrot Salad with Basil and Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is fast, delicious, nutritious and you can pick up almost all of it at the market right now!
This week’s Santa Fe Farmers’ Market CSA Bag is loaded with pure deliciousness:
- Bunched Onion
- Red Beets
- Green Zucchini
- Salad Mix
- Lettuce Heads
- Genovese Basil
Time: 10 minutes
- beet – 2 cups grated
- carrot – 1-1/2 cups grated
- onion – 1/2 cup sliced
- apple – 2 tablespoons grated
- fresh basil – 2-3 tablespoons minced
- raw apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- extra-virgin olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- garlic – 1 clove, minced
- salt – to taste
- Place the grated beets in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the carrots, onions, apple, and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, and salt. Pour half the dressing over the beets and half over the carrot mixture.
- Carefully toss the beets and carrot mixture together.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!