Zephyr Summer Squash
Recipe by Susan Waters, sustainable food cook.
- 1 – 1/2 medium zephyr summer squash
- 2 tsp. ghee Butter
- 4 basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt flakes
- Wash, dry and cut squash into 1/8 inch slices
- Use a steamer if you have one, otherwise with water in a pot and steam for about 10 minutes or until tender
- Place carefully in a bowl with ghee butter and sea salt flakes
- Gently toss with basil leaves that are washed, dried and cut thinly
- Adjust seasoning to your taste
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!