Watermelon and Cucumber and Arugula, Oh My!
Watermelon, oh yes – cool refreshing Watermelon is the hero of today’s Market Fresh Cooking Recipe. Get ready, this quick salad is packing a serious punch of sweet, crisp, spicy and fresh. Don’t miss this opportunity to delight your palate. Pick up all the ingredients at the market. The market bounty is calling out, answer that call!
Market hours: Saturday and Tuesday, 8am-1pm
WATERMELON, CUCUMBER, ARUGULA SALAD
- 5 oz Arugula
- 1 (2lb)Watermelon, or roughly 6 cups, cubed
- 1/2English cucumber, sliced
- 6 oz Feta, crumbled
- 16 Basil leaves
- Poppyseed Dressing (see below for recipe)
- Place arugula on a platter, cover with cucumbers and watermelon. Sprinkle with feta.
- Make a stack out of the basil leaves. Roll them in either direction and thinly slice them to make ribbons. Toss evenly over the salad.
- Drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 3 tbsp White balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 tspSalt
- 2 tsp Poppy seeds
- Whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard and honey in a small bowl until emulsified. Add salt and poppy seeds, stir in salt and poppyseeds. Set aside.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!