Sweet Pepper Sautée
Recipe courtesy of Susan Waters
In New Mexico we love the heat of a good chile pepper, but don’t think we are not equal opportunity pepper lovers, because we love all the peppers!
Try this easy Market Fresh Cooking Sweet Pepper Sautée – it’s DELICIOUS!!
- 4 medium sweet peppers
- 1– 2 tablespoons coconut oil—Mild
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c. water
- Wash peppers. Remove seeds and cut into thin strips.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan on medium low.
- Add sweet peppers, cumin, and salt to pan and gently stir.
- Add 1/4 cup water to steam the peppers a little bit. With the lid on, cook for another 10-12 minutes until tender, or a consistency you like.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning as necessary.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!