Okra and Corn Maque Choux
Need a delicious idea for Okra? We have you covered! Okra and Corn Maque Choux is a simple and delicious recipe that will help you hold on to the warm weather for just a little bit longer!
- 1/4 lb spicy smoked sausage, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups corn kernels, cut from cob
- 1 cup okra, sliced
- 1 cup tomato (1/2 lb), seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat for 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add corn, okra, and tomato cooking for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!