Steph Gaudreau’s Beet, Carrot, and Apple Salad
- 2 large raw beets, peeled & chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, cored & chopped
- Zest & juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp raw honey (optional)
- Shred the beets, carrots, and apples and place in a large bowl
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice (remove seeds), then add the oil, salt, pepper, and honey
- Toss well.
Will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!