Refrigerator Pickles by Radish & Rye
Ingredients and Supplies
- One large pot
- 4 Quart Jars with lids
- 12-16 Cucumbers (depending on size)
- 10 cups Vinegar
- 5 cups Water
- 1 cup Salt
- 4 teaspoons Coriander
- 4 teaspoons Peppercorns
- 4 teaspoons Dill Seeds
- 4 Whole Garlic Cloves
- Combine the water, vinegar, and salt in a large pot and boil for one minute.
- Place one garlic clove and one teaspoon each of the coriander, peppercorns, and dill seeds into each quart jar.
- Cut your cucumbers into disks or wedges (based on your preference) and disperse them equally into all four jars.
- Carefully pour your brine into each jar until all ingredients are completely covered.
- Place in refrigerator.
Pickles can be eaten within a couple of hours but will increase in intensity and deliciousness the more time that passes. These pickles can be kept in the fridge for up to three weeks.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!