Peas and Carrots (One Pan)
It’s official, there are now peas at the market!
As such, here’s a Market Fresh Cooking quickie to indulge in seasonal produce and delight your palate. You can pick up most of the ingredients this weekend at Saturday market, 8am-1pm.
- Potato (optional)
- Shallot (or onion)
- Water or vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Sautée the shallot in olive oil
- Add carrots, potatoes, salt and pepper
- Cook for about 15 minutes
- Stir in peas and cook until tender
- Serve warm with a drizzle of olive oil
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!