Fresh Pea Relish
Chef Hillary Ginepra from the Santa Fe Culinary Academy led this week’s Market Fresh Cooking at the Tuesday Market. She whipped up a lovely pea relish for an audience of Market shoppers. Make sure to visit the Tuesday Market so you can watch a cooking demonstration by a local chef or farmer and taste free samples!
- 2 cups English peas (shelled)
- 2 tsp toasted coriander
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 5 green olives (coarsely chopped)
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 lemons (zest and juice)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mint (coarsely chopped)
- 1/3 cup parsley (coarsely chopped)
- Add the peas, coriander, capers, olives, scallions, garlic, lemon, and olive oil to a food processor or blender and pulse until mixed (but still a bit chunky).
- Fold in the mint and parsley
- Serve with chips, crackers, or crusty bread of your choice.
This will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days and is best when allowed to rest overnight before serving as the flavors are allowed to marinate a bit.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!