Farmers Market Potato Salad
Recipe courtesy of la Familia & Cooking with Kids.
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 4 lbs small/fingerling Potatoes
- 6 cups of Arugula, Parsley, Spinach, or other green or herb (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Mustard (we like Old Pecos Foods)
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice OR White Vinegar
- 5 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 5-10 tbsp. Olive oil
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the potatoes until a fork enters them easily, about 10 minutes.
- Toss the warm potatoes with salt, pepper and the white vinegar or lemon juice. Add the onions and greens and stir to combine.
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar, mustard and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour desired amount of vinaigrette over the potato salad.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!