Acorn Squash Slices
This week’s Market Fresh Cooking recipe is a sweet and delicious quickie! There is squash aplenty at the market these days. Here’s a recipe to jazz up the humble Acorn squash just a skosh.
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membrane. Cut each half widthwise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends.
- Place slices in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle it with salt. Combine syrup and butter; pour over squash. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350° until tender, for 40-45 minutes.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!