Shaved Turnip Salad with Arugula and Prosciutto
Today’s Market Fresh Cooking recipe is complements of the Farmers’ Market weekly CSA recipe.
Yield: four servings
Time: 10 minutes
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small turnips, about 5 ounces, peeled
- 8 cups arugula, wild if possible
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and salt until the salt dissolves. Whisk in the honey, oil and pepper.
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, slice the turnips into paper-thin rounds. In a large bowl, combine turnips, arugula and prosciutto. Toss with the dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!