Green Beans With Peaches and Caramelized Onions
Recipe courtesy of La Familia & Cooking with Kids.
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 lb firm, ripe Yellow Peaches (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Oregano (chopped)
- 2 lbs Green Beans (remove ends)
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil; add beans and cook until crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until slightly caramelized, 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in peaches and oregano; cook until peaches are soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Whisk remaining oil with vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; add onion and peaches.
- Combine green beans and caramelized onions and peaches for a cool summer salad!
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!