Juanita Montoya’s Award Winning Apple Crisp
Shared by Pat and Juanita Montoya of Pat Montoya Family Orchard
- 6-9 Apples, peeled, cored and sliced (the Montoya’s like to use Red Delicious)
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- ½ cup Sugar mixed with 2 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ cup Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 6 tbls. Butter
- Ice cream or whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put sliced apples into ungreased oblong pan, and pour orange juice over apples.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture over apples.
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt and butter until crumbly and spread over apples.
- Bake 45-60 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, topped with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
This locally inspired recipe is brought to you by Pam Walker. Pam is an avid home cook, writer, and local farm and food activist who is also a board member of the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Institute. Thank you, Pam, for helping inspire us to use locally sourced ingredients!