- This event has passed.
WATER & WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT ON WORKING LANDS: FIELD DAY AT UTE CREEK CATTLE COMPANY
June 23, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
JOIN US FOR OUR THIRD INSTALLMENT OF THE WATER & WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT ON WORKING LANDS FIELD DAY SERIES, AT UTE CREEK CATTLE COMPANY!
We’ll learn all about grazing for water and wildlife, creek restoration, supporting local bird populations, and building water tanks and water conservation practices. The workshop and lunch are free! Lunch is being sponsored by the Ute Creek Cattle Company, with omnivorous and vegetarian options available. You can also bring your own. This field day is meant for producers, agency representatives and anyone interested in grazing to support water and wildlife.
Ute Creek Cattle Company received the Leopold Conservation Award in 2021! You can learn more about Tuda and the Ute Creek Cattle Company here.
This is part three in the four part field day series on Water & Wildlife Management on Working Lands. Check out the other field days in the series and register for them here.
- 9:00 – 9:30am Arrival and sign-in
- 9:30 – 10:00am Welcome and introductions
- 10:00am – 12:00pm Grazing management (Jeremiah Moxley, Ute Creek Cattle Company Ranch Manager); Creek Restoration (Tuda Libby Crews and Jack Crews, Ute Creek Cattle Company); Grassland birds (Christopher Rustay, Playa Lakes Joint Venture)
- 12:00 – 1:00pm Lunch – Sponsored by Ute Creek Cattle Company
- 1:00 – 1:45pm Bird walk through Bird Sanctuary (Christopher Rustay, Playa Lakes Joint Venture)
- 2:00 – 3:00pm Water tank building demo (Shawn Mahoney and Cody Kite)