- This event has passed.
WATER & WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT ON WORKING LANDS FIELD DAY AT BERLIER RANCH
July 22 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
JOIN US FOR THE FINAL INSTALLMENT OF THE WATER & WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT ON WORKING LANDS FIELD DAY SERIES AT BERLIER RANCH!
We’ll hear from Rancher Jim Berlier about his grazing management and local wildlife, and from ranch partners about prescribed burning, windmills (construction, land restoration, impacts on birds, etc.), local wildlife (antelopes, birds), and more.
Learn more about Jim Berlier and his “Stewardship with Vision” here.
The field day and lunch are completely free. The event is targeted towards producers, agency reps, and anyone interested in managing a ranch for water and wildlife.
*We are still determining some of the speakers for this field day so check back as we update this webpage and agenda!*
*agenda subject to change
- 9:00 – 9:30AM – Arrival/registration
- 9:30 – 10:00AM – Welcome, introductions
- 10:00AM – 12:00PM – Berlier Ranch grazing management practices and wildlife (Jim Berlier); Prescribed burning (NRCS rep)
- 12:00 – 1:00PM – Lunch *sponsored by Berlier Ranch*
- 1:00 – 2:00 – Wind turbines energy, economics, how to restore land post-construction, impacts on wildlife (Jim, Pattern Turbines)
- 2:00 – 3:00 – Audubon Conservation Ranching Program (Nancy Ranney, Rancher @ Ranney Ranch)